Monday, March 3, 2014

Everywhere a Rug, Rug!

This is my rug story....

This rug I call...."Humble Rug", as two years ago during extreme long lasting drought/heat conditions when there was NO HAY to be found anywhere in Texas, a dear friend gave me a substantial amount of money to help feed and care for my animals.  I was so overcome with humility and gratitude, I wanted to do something to say how much it meant to me...so I made my friend this rug, out of scrap yarn from various projects through the years. It was loads of fun to create!
It's not perfectly symmetrical, but neither am I!


Braided rug:
I braided this one from many different sources of 
my stash at the time, some of which came from my own flock. 
It's a great way to use up odds/ends of various rovings!




















Poodliesquat Rug!                                                         
This is the first rug I ever knitted, 
using several strands of yarn.  
The poodles loved it!